Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
../ The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity. – W. B. Yeats
Week 9 P.C. (Post Cyprus)
Its hard to believe, that we have become so adjusted to this crisis. News that would be shocking headlines just two months ago, hardly gets on Page 3 these days. Look in vain for upbeat news, it gets worse and worse, and nobody seems to either notice or care,
This week these extraordinary things happened and nobody blinked!!!!
- European Recession Deepens
- Two British Government ministers have said they want a referendum, and are planning to vote on leaving the union.
- Nobody trusts anybody, and nobody likes anybody else anymore. Germany is in cloud cuckoo land…. 60% of Europeans don’t want the European union.
- France goes into recession, as French millionaires take the boat…
- France and Germany are having a tiff …
- Poor Cyprus is worse off than ever, and only nominally in the EU…
- And the scandal of unemployed youth destroys fifty years of unification.
Things are gathering pace, and are too few out there advocating a continued unity. What is most remarkable about this week, is how everyone has become so used to these huge shifts in our political psyche.